Harvard Media Edmonton Origin Story
Our Humble Beginnings: A Journey of Innovation & Impact
Welcome to Harvard Media Edmonton, your trusted partner in advertising and marketing since 2010. For over a decade, we have been a reliable source of information, entertainment, and local engagement, supporting businesses and nurturing our community.
Our journey began with the launch of CKPW - Play 107 in 2009, quickly followed by CKEA Cruz 95.7 in 2010. Since then, we've been committed to making waves in the media space, from our award winning creative team to making a difference in the lives of local businesses and the people in our communities.
Harvard Media Edmonton Milestones and Achievements
At Harvard Media Edmonton, our creative team has been nationally recognized, winning the Crystals for Best Major Market Ad and Best Promo, as well as Broadcast Dialogues' Best Major Market standalone ad. Winning these awards is a direct outcome of our dedication to crafting compelling advertising strategies that resonate with our audience.
Here are some highlights of our achievements and milestones:
- Back in 2018, Play 107 exceeded its goal of collecting 107 winter jackets for the homeless. Playing “Baby it's Cold outside” on repeat until the target was reached. In the end over 400 jackets were collected.
- In 2023, we raised an impressive $8752 for AARCS (Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society). At the $5000 goal Ryder let Lisa tattoo AARC on his arm - streaming it on Facebook for our audience to take part in the massive accomplishment they helped us reach.
- Ryder got his belly button pierced after raising $2000 for the YWCA in 2015.
- Our efforts have been widely recognized, with Ryder winning The Allan Waters Young Broadcaster of the Year Award in 2011.
- Lisa's dynamic presence on X(Twitter) won her the Best X Account in the City title in the VueWeekly Awards for three years straight (2015-2017).
- We took home the titles for Best Morning Team in 2014, 2015, and 2018, and Best Radio Station in 2016.
These milestones and recognitions are a reflection of our commitment to excellence, our communities, our audience and local organizations. They serve as motivation for us to continue delivering quality solutions, memorable experiences, and empowering communities.
Harvard Media Edmonton's Connection to the Community
Celebrating Milestones, Achievements and Impact
Harvard Media is committed to positive change within the Edmonton community. Our brands continuously strive to connect with and contribute to the place we call home. A few of the ways we aim to connect is by working with local charities and artists, and being a brand that is uplifting and approachable on social media. We pride ourselves on our tailored content that resonates with our listeners and local businesses. A few key examples of how we strengthen our community is our FurBaby Friday initiative, where we work with the AARC to raise awareness for animals in need of loving homes. We've also supported ABC HeadStart, Kids Up Front, and the Edmonton Food Bank through our Stuff a Cruz-er food drive.
A few more examples of our connection to the community in Edmonton:
- We've taken a stand against bullying through our Pink Shirt Day webinar, in collaboration with Kids Help Phone, and raised awareness for Dwarfism.
- In partnership with Ardent Roofing, we've provided a new roof to a deserving family
- Our ongoing fundraising efforts for Little Santa's have made Christmas brighter for single parents and their children, and our support for the Edmonton Christmas Bureau continues to spread holiday cheer.
- Influencer campaigns, such as those with Lisa Evans, and our Show Local Some Love initiative
- committed to road safety through our MADD–Play 107/95.7Cruz NYE Plan a Safe Ride Sponsorship.
Giving back to and bettering our community is a top priority for us, and we look forward to continuing these efforts - and can’t wait to keep sharing with you!
Harvard Media Edmonton's Special Qualities
Celebrating Edmonton: A Few Of Our Favorites
Edmonton, a city deeply rooted in community spirit and a love for all things local. From the restaurants and pubs, to the local breweries - there's a sense of home that's unique to Edmonton.
Edmonton is home to great concerts, like Pink and an impressive minor hockey league. A record of 8500 kids enrolled for minor hockey this year. We are also the proud home of Connor McDavid, a legend in sports.
Some other things we love about Edmonton are:
- Edmonton's River Valley, North America’s largest stretch of urban parkland - did you know it's 22 times the size of New York's Central Park?
- We are the venue for over 50 annual festivals
- Landmarks such as Rogers Place, Ice District, and Commonwealth Stadium
Why Harvard Media Edmonton
Discover Edmonton, Discover Us!
Our media brands do more than just share entertainment and music; they are the heart of Edmonton. Our brands are like a trusted friend, showing us the stories of Edmonton. We connect residents to what's happening in their city. In a time when there is so much information, we choose what's important and create a community of people who care. We celebrate local success and give a voice to what makes Edmonton special.
Stations that are in the market, with real people who connect with real people. Online, behind the mic, and in-person from your local pub to your neighbourhood dog groomer.
Choose Harvard Media, choose community, choose connection.
Harvard Local Media
Harvard Media provides advertising and media services to businesses all over Canada. Take a look at the markets we have physical footprints in below.